Despite the difficult environment, local employer are still hiring and meeting recruiters in-person is still advantageous for many reasons. To limit the size of large gathers, adequate social distancing will be in place and we are asking job seekers to pre-register before attending the job fair. However, walk-ins will be allowed.
Register at www.forwardcareers.org/jobfairs
Our job fair is for anyone looking to start, change, or explore job opportunities. Employers will be seeking applicants with varying levels of skills and education during the fair, which is free and open to the public.
WHY ATTEND THE JOB FAIR?
1. Multiple business in one place – That’s correct! We’ve brought together numerous businesses from various industries hiring for entry, mid to skilled level positions! Why drive all over town to apply with more than one potential employer when you can apply to dozens in one day?
2. Stand out and be noticed – When you submit an application or resume online, you’re just another document among hundreds. Yet, when you meet face-to-face with hiring managers, not only do you have a chance to make a lasting impression but you will have the employer's name and contact information to follow-up with.
3. Visit the Mobile Career Lab – The Mobile Career Lab offers resume review, help with job applications, improving interview skills, and other job search assistance.
4. Connect with Forward Careers – Not sure how to introduce yourself to an employer at the job fair or need some tips? Stop by our table for assistance and be one step closer to landing your dream job.
5. Exclusive Candidate Newsletter - By attending the job fair, job seekers can drop off their resume with Forward Careers to be featured in an exclusive candidate newsletter that will be sent to participating employers. If you don't have the opportunity to visit with each recruiter, we have you covered!
"No one could have imagined the impacts of a global pandemic. As some businesses have reopened while others have closed and many households do not have reliable internet, our job fair may be a lifeline for many job seekers," said Cindy Simons, President of Forward Careers. "We want to continue making sure our resources are accessible to everyone as we continue responding to this pandemic."
Attendees will be asked to wear a mask, practice social distancing, and have as little contact as possible with recruiters. To view a list of participating businesses and to register, visit our page at www.forwardcareers.org/jobfairs.